Island Central School District
Grand Island, New
Ballot Applications Available for May 18 Budget/Trustee Vote
On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 Grand
Island residents will have the opportunity to cast their ballots for the school
district budget vote and trustees. For
those voters who qualify, absentee ballots will be available.
Of course, there are specific reasons for the use of absentee ballots. To
be considered, you must fit one of the following categories:
1. Duties, Occupation or Business outside of County
2. Vacation outside of County
3. Patient in hospital
4. Unable to appear personally at the polling place on such day because of illness or physical disability.
5. A. Will be detained in jail for an offense other than a felony or awaiting trial or Grand Jury action.
B. Will be confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
6. Absence from the school district on the day of election by reason of accompanying or being with a spouse, child or parent who is an eligible district voter and is eligible for an absentee ballot due to one of the above or below listed reasons.
due to permanent illness or disability.
STEPS LISTED BELOW TO RECEIVE YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT
REQUEST AN APPLICATION. Call
(773-8801) or write the District Clerk, Mrs. Nancy A. Sandford, Grand Island
Central School District, 1100 Ransom Road, Grand Island, New York 14072, for an
RETURN YOUR APPLICATION. Once
you have completely filled out the application for an Absentee Ballot, you must
return it to the District Clerk=s
Office located in the District Offices adjacent to the High School.
It may be mailed or hand-delivered, but must be received at least 7 days
before the election in order for the ballot to be mailed to the voter.
3. FILL OUT YOUR BALLOT AND TURN IT IN. Assuming the above instructions have been properly completed and you have qualified for an Absentee Ballot, you will receive a ballot in the mail which will take the same basic form as that inside the voting machine. Follow the instructions on the ballot and either mail it or hand deliver it to the District Clerk=s Office. However, it must be received by the District Clerk=s Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote (May 18, 2004).