News Page 2017
PO Box 135
Grand Island, NY 14072
Previous Historical Society News Page
The Grand Island Historical Society restored and maintains the farm house known as River Lea and located in Beaver Island State Park. It was built on Lewis F. Allen's property, Allenton Farms, by his son, W. Cleveland Allen.
Today it is owned by New York State.
Society Officers 2016 Newsletter 2016 Calendar of Events
Historical Society Holiday Luncheons - December 2016
Left: Docent Robin Shipman. Right: Top: Robin Shipman, Adele Upton. Middle: Jeri Benzing, Sharon Nichols. Bottom: Jean Brighten, Carolyn Doebert.
The Grand Island Historical Society hosted their annual holiday luncheonsthis week. This years program was "Christmas in Miniature" by Nancy LaChiusa. Nancy is a member of a miniature club and had many displays of her miniature collection of houses and scenes that she has created. River Lea was decorated in the Williamsburg style and offered a gift shop that included many holiday decorative items and home made cookies!
Part of the miniature collection.
Denise Voelker (left) assisted Nancy LaChiusa with the presentation.
Mary Stewart photos.
Grand Island Historical Society & River Lea History
Grand Island History - Published 1898 By Truman C. White
Jim Fisher's Avocational Archaeology & Lithic Technology Web Site
Grand Island History and Photos (Update 9/20/09)
River Lea Artists - Photos - Paintings - Artists James Edward Montanari - Eugene Matthew Dyczkowski ("Dick")